2018 Twin Cities Actor Expo
presented by Twin Cities Film Fest
At the Twin Cities Actor Expo, we do our best to make the hard work of volunteering fun. Our goal is to provide a positive and friendly atmosphere in which everyone is treated with courtesy and respect while together we create an exciting educational event for actors of any level.
What we look for in our volunteers:
- You must be 18 years of age or older to volunteer.
- We ask that you volunteer for a 5 hour minimum shift
- Flexibility and a sense of humor are excellent assets!
Volunteer guidelines and expectations:
- Check in with the volunteer coordinator 10 minutes prior to scheduled shift with valid ID.
- Volunteers may be moved from designated station to other stations if needed.
- Have knowledge of seminars, exhibits, auditions and general expo info.
- Help keep the venue clean.
Volunteer positions and duties:
ö Event Greeter:
- Welcome guests as they come in, direct them where to go if needed, thank them for attending.
ö Registration Tables:
- Will Call – Check guests in as they arrive to the expo, provide them with information they will need for the day.
- Audition Registration – Help guests sign up for audition time slots. Direct them to where the rooms are located.
ö Room Host:
- Make sure the seminar rooms remain clean after each seminar, hand out & collect surveys. Provide water to guest speakers and moderators.
ö Exhibitor Assistant:
- Assist any exhibitors who need an extra hand setting up and tearing down. Walk them to their designated table and check in with them throughout the day to meet their needs.
ö Evening Show Usher:
- Check tickets as guests enter the auditorium. Keep food/drinks out of the auditorium (water is ok). Seating is general admission, first come, first served.
ö Pre-Expo and Post Expo:
- Help set up, stuff welcome packets, etc. on Friday, April 1 time TBD.
- Help clean up the Twin Cities Actor Expo, assist any exhibitors that could use a hand, leave the Hopkins Center for the Arts as clean as possible.